Yard Waste & Loose Leaf Collection
Yard waste (branches, grass, leaves, shrubbery, trimmings, and weeds) may be either placed in 95-gallon water-tight roll-out container or raked in a pile curbside for collection. No plastic or paper bags are allowed.
Yard Waste Containers
Yard waste containers may be purchased from Town Hall receptionist at 301 W Main Street or you may print a Yard Waste Container Order Form (PDF) and mail it to Town Hall along with a check or money order:
Carrboro Town Hall 301 W Main Street Carrboro, NC 27510
Public Works will deliver the container to your residence within 2 business days of receipt of payment. Please contact Public Works at 919-918-7425 for current container pricing.
- Limbs must not exceed 3 feet long and 4 inches in diameter.
- Yard waste must be free of all debris. No dirt, sod, rock, or concrete.
Yard Waste Placed in 95-Gallon Roll-out Containers:
- Place container at the street with the lid opening towards the street.
- Allow 3 - 5 feet of clearance between your container and any other item.
- Filled roll-out containers (other than Town roll-out containers) must not weigh more than 50 pounds.
Yard Waste Placed Curbside in a Pile:
- Yard waste piles should be long and narrow and placed as close to the curb as possible (within 10 feet).
- Do not place yard waste in drainage ditch, bike lane, street, or on sidewalk.
- Large piles (about a small pick-up truck load) will have a fee assessed. Please call Public Works for more information.
The town cannot collect debris cut by a private contractor. This should be disposed of by the contractor.
Thank you for following these tips. It helps us provide better service to you.
Yard Waste Collection Schedule
Yard waste is collected on Mondays. If a month has 5 Mondays there will be no yard waste pickup on the 5th Monday.
There will be no yard waste collection during the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Yard waste may be cancelled or delayed due to inclement weather.
If the town is unable to collect your yard waste on the scheduled Monday, please leave it curbside and it will be collected on Tuesday. If it is not collected by Tuesday at 2 p.m., please call the Solid Waste Supervisor at 919-918-7433 or by email to see why it was not collected.