The Town provides a curbside collection service for bulky items such as furniture and appliances. For more information, please call Public Works Department at 919-918-7425.
Items Collected FREE of Charge
The following items should be placed curbside on your trash collection day and will be collected within 2 business days:
- Clean metal: Bicycles, etc.
- All clean metal must be separated from other bulk items and placed curbside for collection
- Computer monitors and televisions: Small amounts will be collected curbside
- May also be recycled at the Orange County Landfill
- Paint cans: Paint cans should be opened and the paint allowed to dry
- With the lid removed and contents completely dry, paint cans may be placed curbside
- Furniture and large items:
- Lawn furniture
- Microwave ovens
- Push lawnmowers
Please notify the Solid Waste Supervisor at 919-918-7433 about your bulky items so they may be collected in a timely manner.
Items Collected for a Fee
- Appliances: 3 or less $16 ($4 for each additional)
- Mattresses / Box Springs:
- 1 or 2 pieces $7
- 3 or 4 pieces $14
- Televisions (over 19”): $6 ($4 each additional)
- Couches / Sofas / Loveseats: 1 piece $7 ($5 each additional)
Items will be collected curbside within 2 business days of receipt of payment at Town Hall. Please pay before placing at curb. You do not need to notify Public Works that payment has been made.
Contact Orange County Solid Waste Management to find out how to dispose of the following items: